Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Red-Letter Day

By definition, a Red-Letter Day is simply a memorable day. This happened to be one of those days.

Although I'm still "off duty" due to the ankle, Baby A & I managed to get in some quality playtime, right here at home. She was in the brightest of moods, as if today was her day to shine, and nothing would stand in her way to making the most of the beautiful day.

I had the joy of being there for her when she woke up this morning, which is one of those moments I have always treasured. Just those first few minutes when she wakes up and I'm the first person she sees and she grins the biggest grin on earth. And that child is truly happy to see me. My heart overflows with love when that happens. And then after her typical morning routine we brought out her toys and laid them on a blanket. Depending on her mood, she'll either lay there and roll around or sit up and reach for her toys. Today, much like yesterday, she was all over the place, rolling from one part of the living room to another, just because she can (I am woman hear me roar!).

But she was so sweet today, playing with me in my prostrate condition, even going so far as being patient with me because I couldn't get to her toys fast enough. Thank God for these times in our lives that bring so much joy and peace. I am so blessed and in love with this sweet child of mine (yes, even Axl Rose knew what he was talking about when he wrote that one).

2 comments:

SarahHub said...

Oh, morning-time with a baby is the best time...

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Hi Stephanie!!! So good to hear from you. Your blog brings a smile to my face ... all these adorable pictures! And, can I say "yay!", you're a stay at home mom now, wow! I'll convo you :)

Liz