Thursday, August 7, 2008

Office Space

No, I'm not referring to one of my favorite movies about corporate cubicle hell. I'm referring to my new office digs. Yes, for those of us stay-at-home moms, it's the little things in life that bring us joy.

Since starting this blog and with freelance copywriting on the horizon, I have felt the need for my very own office space, minus the cubicle walls, thank you very much. As a woman with simple needs and of the low-maintenance variety, I simply needed my own space that allowed me to create. That's it. No bells and whistles. Just something that said, "Steph was here." So with little time to create a space just for me in a spare room or in our basement, my husband and I chose the kitchen which seems to be the catchall room anyway. The space itself is quite small, but I'm stoked that I finally have my own space, that's just for me. And I am confident that I'm not alienating myself from the family so if they need me, I'm here.

I'm such a dork that I get excited about these things but it really means the world to me to have a place I can call my own. Especially for my writing, which has always been a part of me, even when I tried for it not to be, it will always be a part of me because it's who I am. And here I am. And here is my office space.

2 comments:

SarahHub said...

Nice digs!

Sparky said...

Nice. Now you can leave comments on MY blog!