Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Give Peace a Chance

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace." -- John Lennon

In my search for inner peace, I've realized that I have a lot of work to do. It's hard to focus on what area of my life needs more tending to. It's tough--making a conscious effort daily to recognize those characteristics that need changing to find the peace that I crave.

I recently joined a Bible Study that is providing me the tools to create peace in my life and that of my family's. The author of the book we're reading listed a number of activities to do in the effort to create a purposeful, peaceful home. So here they are. (From Finding Your Purpose as a Mom, by Donna Otto with Anne Christian Buchanan, Copyright 2004, Harvest House Publishers.)

And may you and yours live your lives in peace.

  • Make peace at home a priority.
  • Practice trust and gratitude.
  • Live with a thankful heart.
  • Cultivate a quiet heart--give yourself the peace you need.
  • Cultivate a gentle spirit.
  • Learn to speak softly.
  • Know your family.
  • Cultivate a spirit of "we."
  • Provide peaceful places for those you love.

No comments: