Monday, September 29, 2008

Discovery Zone

It's been awhile since I spoke of my darling little wunderkind, Baby A. She's almost 9 months old now and keeping her mommy and daddy on their toes. She's crawling, climbing, cutting teeth (7-8 to be exact), and attempting daredevil feats of extraordinary proportions. Baby A is pulling herself up onto just about anything, and I imagine she will be walking in a matter of time.

I was such a fool to think that being a stay-at-home mom would be easy. The joke is on me. I spend most of my time these days running after her, as she no longer relies on me as the main source of entertainment. Baby Girl has the whole world to explore. Or at least for now, the entire household. Every nook and cranny must be thoroughly explored, no matter how boring or mundane. Looking at it from her point of view, i.e., from the ground up, there must be a lot of interesting things to discover. Just thinking about how happy she is rambling round the house, unearthing one treasure after another, fills me with joy.

2 comments:

Grams said...

Talk about keeping you on your toes!!!!!!!!! The days of staying with Baby A and watching her play with her play things on the quilt are over. When I was in 4H many moons ago, I won the Danforth "I Dare You Award". Baby A is the new recipient of the award. She goes after "it" with a devil may care attitude. If it results in a bump, oh well, let's try something else. Always with that engaging smile.

Unknown said...

Gone are the days of showering and going to the bathroom alone. Ha. Soon you will be wondering how you even got dressed to go to work, much less work. Yikes. These little people are demanding bosses that is for sure.