Sunday, July 27, 2008

Water Baby

It was quite a relief for my husband & I to find that our darling daughter absolutely loves the water, especially since mom (uh, me that is) simply had to have a pool (not that I'm a swimmer or anything, I just like to chill poolside with a frothy beverage and a good book. That's the good life for me).

Anyway, back to the story, we were utterly shocked when Baby A showed a love for the pool 'cause this kiddo hates, and I don't use that term lightly, taking baths in the tub. So at six months we are still bathing her in the sink. Thank G-d she's not a ginormous child like her cousins, or else who knows how we'd solve that problem.

Since the first day she dangled her feet in the water, Baby A has become a water baby. Esther Williams she is not, there can't be much synchronization at this age. But boy is it fun seeing her in her little Mickey floatie. G-d certainly knew when he brought me to this house that it would be perfect for our family.


It's such a joy to watch our Baby Girl having so much fun in such a simple setting. And she kicks her little legs and babbles all the way (much like her mother, she's got a lot to talk about all the time... poor daddy, now he gets the babbling from both ends).

Although this summer has brought much turmoil to my life emotionally and physically, Baby A is the one thing that grounds me and helps me focus on what's good and important in life. So even if she doesn't become an Olympic swimmer, that won't bother me a bit 'cause I'll have these moments to cherish for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

SarahHub said...

Your "little fish" is adorable. I love the photos!